Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Rudeness, Meet My Sassy

     I recently, went to a Lululemon store and got a taste of their legendary customer service. Upon entering the store, I was immediately greeted.  As I was returning the greeting, the sales person looked me up and down with disapproval.  She and all the other sales people offer no additional help, as I looked around the store. Oh lulu why don’t you love me? What if I lost 10 lbs? 15 lbs? 50 lbs?  I mean, I actually fit in the clothes you make-so what is the problem?

     The problem is the Lululemon brand is rude and snobby.   Even the employees say so: “better in the moment than in retrospect”, “great with someone with no life commitments”, “run by mean, stupid and insecure sorority girls.”   Yet we all keep going there?  Why???  Because Lululemon makes the best damn workout clothes!

     When I am in squat with a 100lbs+ on my back, when I am at yoga in some twisted upside down position or when I am running, I know those my lulus won’t rip, sag or fail me.   I have total confidence, that in my lulu pants, I won’t hear a tearing sound and have my hoo-haw exposed (That’s right,  hoo-haw, check the Urban Dictionary if needed).   Lululemon has unbeatable QUALITY.  That alone makes me swallow the rudeness.  But on top of that, they make some of the most stylish and figure- flattering clothes, which make me squeal like a girl “that is soooooo cute!!!”  I am lulu smitten.

     I know it sounds like I am in a bad romance.  To be fair, the description on their website “Lululemon makes technical athletic clothes for yoga, running, working out and most other sweaty pursuits” promises nothing about customer service.   Besides, if the in-store service gets too abusive, I can always shop on-line.  So go on with the judging looks. Hell, call me an Orca to my face. Just don’t stop making adorable quality clothes that make me workout with confidence.

     I know this post started off sounding like a rant about Lululemon, but that wasn’t my intent. I think the “culture” at Lululemon ultimately drives the superior quality and stylish products they produce.  The moral of this story is to rise above rudeness and get what you want and need from the experience.  Also, it helps to poke a little fun at it…hey lulu- does this squat make YOUR shorts look fat?



Links to less than stellar Lululemon experiences:
*Employee quotes came from http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/lululemon-Reviews-E42589.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment