Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Crockpot Ribs

   
     I am a huge fan of the crockpot and am always looking for new things to make in it.  This time I tried ribs, which I never ever make, but if it can be done in a crockpot, I'll add it to the menu.  The instructions seemed almost too simple:
  • Cut up an onion and line bottom of crockpot
  • Salt & pepper ribs, coat with sauce of choice and add to crockpot. Cook 7-8 hours until fall off the bone tender.
     Since the ribs part was so easy I decided to make my own BBQ sauce.   I didn't love the BBQ sauce, but the ribs were tasty!

Ingredients:

1/3 cup (3 ounces) tomato paste
2 TBsp melted butter
2 TBsp honey
2 TBsp apple Cider Vinegar
2TBsp water
2 tsp tamari
1 tsp hot sauce
1/2 tps mustard

1/2 tps onion powder
1/2 tps chili powder
1/2 tps paprika
1/4 tps allspice
1/4 tps cinnamon
1/4 tps black pepper

Preparation:

Mix tomato paste, butter, hot sauce, honey, vinegar, tamari, mustard and water.

In another bowl, mix together allspice, cinnamon, pepper, chili powder, paprika and onion powder.

Mix spices into wet ingredients and brush on meat.

Makes one cup of sauce. This can also be used as a dipping sauce.


BBQ Recipe from Mark's Daily Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment