Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hello 2014!


     Happy New Year!  It seems making resolutions are out this year.  Instead, a New Year's theme is on trend.  I was already thinking of my theme, when I saw this Huffington Post article suggesting possible personal themes.

     I decided my 2014 theme is Simplify.  I feel like I spent the last year trying to do too many thing and some of them were just repetitive and wearing me out. For example, fitness is important to me, but running, CrossFit and yoga was a little much.  So this year, it is CrossFit only (which in itself is very varied and intense).  Another example was getting massages and going to the chiropractor. Yes I hurt, but honestly the chiropractor is more effective and cheaper. So massages are also out for this year (Sorry Massage Envy- I will miss you).

     Along these lines, CrossFit Lisbeth suggested making one over-arching resolution for the the year by filling in the blank:  BE___________ (i.e. kind, happy, playful).  I liked this idea too, but I didn't want to BE Simple.  So I thought of a statement that goes along with my theme of Simplify. BE Deliberate.  With these combined theme and statement, I hope to choose, focus and invest in those things that really matter instead of trying to a little bit of everything.

     So that is plan.  I hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday. Per the post counter on Blogger, this is the 125th post, so thank you for all your support. Are you going to make resolutions or theme or BE statements for 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment