Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tea Review


   
     A warm rich loose leaf tea is the perfect way to enjoy the colder months.  I like to start off my morning with a cup of tea (after my cup of coffee of course).  You can get  multiple brewings from them, so I continue to enjoy tea throughout the day.  I tried 6 new flavors and liked most of them:

Ginseng Peppermint Herbal Tea by Republic of Tea
    
     I mentioned this in a previous post about Peppermint.  This is a sweet mint tea that is light and pleasant.  Drinking it after dinner helps ease any sugar cravings I might have.  I love peppermint tea and this is my new favorite.

Jasmine Pearl Green Tea by Jasmine Pearl Tea

     I am always hesitant of jasmine teas, sometimes they are just too flowery.  This one was very nice though. It has a distinct green tea base with just the right amount of jasmine that adds a sweetness at the end. This is my go-to green tea.  It is even better with a little honey.

Pureh Black Tea by Republic of Tea
    
     When I brewed this tea is was very dark and I thought- it's going to be bitter.  I was so wrong. This tea is mellow and has a slightly smokey aftertaste. Because of the color and smooth flavor, it almost is almost like coffee.  I enjoy having it post lunch. To my surprise- I am a big fan of Pureh! 

Vanilla Almond Herbal Tea by Republic of Tea

     I am not a vanilla fan, but I can barely taste any vanilla in this tea. I did not enjoy this tea at all.  It has a weird imitation almond flavor and then a bitter finish. I could barely finish the one cup I brewed. I didn't even attempt multiple brewings.

Mango Ceylon Black Tea by Republic of Tea

     The tea smells like fruity delight!  Yet it taste nothing like it? It has a very vague mango taste in the middle, but ends in bitterness, I even tried adding some honey and it still wasn't good.  I wished it tasted as good as it smelled.

Blackberry Sage Black Tea by Republic of Tea

     Finally, a fruity tea that I liked!  I like the combination of blackberry and black tea. It stayed nice and smooth (not bitter) through 3 brewings. Not my favorite tea of all time, but good.

    
     Yerba Matte is still my favorite!  I have been getting these at Whole Foods, but have pretty much explored all my options there.  Any recommendations for brands or flavors I should try next?

No comments:

Post a Comment