Thursday, January 9, 2014

Favorite Podcasts

     Do you listen to Podcasts?  It has become one of my favorite forms of entertainment.  I listen to them at work, in the car and while cooking.  If you have an IPhone, you just need to download the Podcast App and you can start listening for free.  Here are the ones I am currently subscribed to by my own self-defined categories.

Learning is Fun

Stuff You Missed in History Class:  Podcasts are published twice a week on a historical topic that was probably not covered in history class. History has never been so interesting or honest.

Freakonomics Radio:  A weekly podcast by the authors of the Freakonomics books that "explores the hidden side of everything."  The topics are very diverse including the best exercise programs, if college is worth it, pet cremation, etc. 

CrossFit/ Paleo
 
Barbell Shrugged: This podcast talks training, nutrition and recovery strategies for CrossFitters. It is educational, amusing and explicit. I love that they interview a lot of female athletes.

Robb Wolf: The Paleo Solution: Robb Wolf takes questions or interviews guest on paleo topics in his own unique style. This podcast has an explicit warning because it is hilarious and honest. This is the first podcast I started listening too.

Latest in Paleo:  This podcast covers the weekly news on nutrition from a paleo perspective.  The host has a butter-smooth voice and a new age approach,

Randomness

Chicken Thistle Farm Coopcast:  Secretly a part of me wants to be a urban farmer, so this podcast helps me indulge in that fantasy.  It a weekly podcast sharing the stories of a small farm in New York. Farmer Kelly and Farmer Andy are just so good at narrating their experiences.  I am learning totally unnecessary things (about farming) that I find so fascinating.

Welcome to Night Vale:  This is my newest obsession.  It is fiction storytelling at its best!  Done in the form of a community radio show, you learn all about the weirdness of a town called Night Vale.  It is not for everyone, but if you like dark humor and sarcasim - give it a try!

    I have tried a bunch of other podcast, but these are the 7 I consistently look forward to listening too every week.   If you have favorite podcasts, please give me some recommendations!  I am always on the look out for more good stuff to listen too. What are you listening to?

No comments:

Post a Comment