Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Year in Review

     It is the last day of 2013...Wow that went fast!  I am a sucker for reflecting back on periods of time and trying to determine if I accomplished my goals.  Do you guys do this too?  This year was tricky because I definitely set goals (run 13 races in 2013), but I wasn't specific what I wanted from those goals (i.e. what I really wanted was a faster running time, not to just complete the races).  So I am not quite sure how I did?

     My biggest accomplishment was becoming an intentional athlete.  I have secretly always wanted to be "sporty spice," but never thought of myself as athletic.  It wasn't until others referred to me as an athlete, that I started to believe.  I used to think that being an athletic meant being the best and/or winning.  I have come to understand it means being YOUR best and not quitting.  I am not the best at running or CrossFit or yoga, but damn it I am an athlete!  And when I saw our new CrossFit hoodies said ATHLETE on the front, I knew the universe agreed with me:

     
     Whether or not 2013 was a complete success, I gave my best effort and made progress.  I want to thank all you who have shared in my adventures and misadventures this year via Rice Kracker Girl. Did you have a good 2013?   What were some of your year's highlights?

Wishing everyone a safe and Happy New Years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment