Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Seven Recipes for Winter

   



     It's January and I thought it would be a good time to post a bunch of soup recipes to keep us warm.  Though it really hasn't been that cold in California this winter- sorry East Coast folks.  Here are 6 soup recipes and a bonus one for chili. Enjoy!







Minestrone Soup:  This is my favorite soup!  I make it at least once a month during the cold months.

Portuguese Bean Soup: Here is my mom's recipe and something we had every Christmas.

Chicken & Rice Soup: Using a rotisserie chicken this soup can be made in under an hour.

Butternut Squash Soup: Want to get more veggies in your life?

Tomato Basil Soup: Here is a way to enjoy tomatoes, even when they are not in season.

Bone Broth: I started making and using this as my base for my favorite Minestrone soup recipe above.

Chili: Okay this is not a soup, but it is perfect for cold weather.

What are you favorite recipes for the cold months?

No comments:

Post a Comment