Thursday, December 19, 2013

Is It Worth It? Peppermint Edition


  I am a peppermint person!  You know how some people get into their pumpkin lattes, candles and muffins- that is how I am about peppermint.  I love the smell, the taste and the feel of peppermint. Not all peppermint things are created equally though, so in this edition of "Is It Worth It?", I take a look at peppermint products.

Bath Petals Peppermint Twist Sea Salt Souffle

     In the store, this smelled amazing and looked so pretty with the shiny sea salt and bits of candy candy.  I am not a huge bath person, but since it was peppermint I wanted to try it. I was kinda of underwhelmed with the smell once it hit the hot water. It diffused and I ended up using the whole container and since didn't get much of a peppermint smell. I think I prefer bubble bath.

Chocolove Peppermint in Dark Chocolate

     This is a magical blending of dark chocolate and peppermint.  The peppermint flavor is infused in the chocolate (rather then there being chunks of mint). It is so smooth and rich. Just a lovely delicious perfect pairing.

Republic of Tea's Ginseng Peppermint Tea

     I've been on the look out for a loose-leaf mint tea and I have found a winner. This tea is light with a sweet mint after taste. It is perfect for curbing a craving for dessert.

Peppermint Twist Marshmallows

     I got these from Target. They were labelled gourmet. I like marshmallows, so I figured peppermint was just going to make it better.  They were actually really good. The peppermint was a nice flavor, not too spicy not too sweet.  I enjoyed snacking on them or adding them to hot cocoa. I will be going back to Target to get some more. Yum!

Trader Joe's Peppermint Hot Chocolate

     I bought this to make peppermint mochas.   It took a few tries for me to like this. It is not the peppermints fault though.  It  is made with bittersweet chocolate, so it isn't very sweet, but after a couple of time in mochas or just as cocoa it grew on me. 

Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castile Soap

     This comes in bar and liquid form.  The main selling point is it is organic, rather than it being a peppermint product.  It does have a nice peppermint smell and tingles.  It does create a good amount of suds, I just don't feel "clean" and end up washing myself a couple of times?  I tried the bar soap, maybe the liquid is better?

Pinkberry Peppermint Swirl
 
     I am a huge Pinkberry fan, so I've been checking to see if peppermint was available since December 1.  It was worth the wait and I plan on enjoying this seasonal flavor for as long as it lasts!  It is like a candy cane, but ice cream.
 
     So do you like peppermint like I do?  If so, any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment