Friday, March 15, 2013

Scarves!

It’s official- I’m a fan of scarves!  I know, I am so far behind on this trend.  My excuse is I grew up in Hawaii, where there is no season or temperature that requires a scarf.  When I moved to “The Mainland”, I had to learn how to wear layers, coats, gloves and boots. But this year, I have finally mastered the scarf.
Here are 6 reasons I love scarves:
1.  Functional fashion.  Scarves keep you warm and serve as an accessory.
2.  Scarves go with almost any outfit- jeans, dresses, shorts, work or play.  There are scarves for every season and occasion.
3.  They allow for a simplified wardrobe.  I can now own a basic (boring) work wardrobe of pants and cardigans and then add in a scarf and look “polished.”
4.  They are fun! Scarves project a sense of playfulness and confidence.
5.  They always “fit.”  In fact, they are great for “fat” days because they cover up or at least distract from my problem areas.
6.  I used to think shoes were the ultimate accessory, but scarves are cheaper and easier to store.



No comments:

Post a Comment