Monday, March 25, 2013

CrossFit Games Open 13.3

     Week 3 and it is a repeat workout from last year!  I remember watching it and thinking that looks like torture. Still I was excited that I had dodged the pull-up bullet yet again and I could do the movements! Well I can't do muscle ups, but that didn't worry me because getting through the wall balls and double-unders in 12 minutes was my main focus.

12 minute AMRAP
150 Wall Balls,  14lbs
90 Double-unders
30 Muscle Ups
     
     Now 150 wall balls is no easy task, they are notorious spirit breakers. So my plan was to do sets of 5- yep 30 sets of 5.My hope was to get that done in time to get some double-unders started and maybe even finish all 90 in the time cap.  This was the first workout that I set a specific goal to accomplish.  The first two workouts contained 75lbs upper body movements, so that was about survival.  This one I felt good about!

     Boy did I underestimate those wall balls. I worked my plan of sets of 5 and felt very good right up til the end. With one minute left, I still had 20 wall balls to go and I knew I was not going to finish the wall balls or get to the double-unders. The only thing that held me through that last minute, was my CrossFit peeps cheering me on, never giving up on me. If it wasn't for them, I have just thrown the ball down in frustration and quit, but I kept going to the last second.  I did my best, but my best was a disappointment.  

     13.3 was a very humbling moment- 138 wall balls, no double-unders.  Accepting my score is hard. I seriously considered re-doing the workout, but decided against it. This is where I am at this moment.  There was a time I could barely do a wall ball without hitting myself, so 138 wall balls to standard is an improvement. But I am not satisfied.  I am going to work, until I get these wall balls down- 150 in less than 12 minutes.   


     A bunch of us are already planning  a wall ball rematch in a month.  That's CrossFitters for you- we don't quit and we don't let each other quit.  The wall  ball and I are going to have lots of quality time together. 
   

     

     


No comments:

Post a Comment