Monday, March 18, 2013

CrossFit Games Open 13.2

     After last week's workout, there was a lot of excitement and expectation for 13.2. I definitely worked out harder this week, pushing my endurance limits in preparation. And that is a good thing because 13.2 is all about endurance!

10 minute AMRAP

5 Shoulders to Overhead @75 lbs (press, push press or push jerk)
10 Deadlifts @75 lbs
15 Box Jumps

     My first thought was yay I can actually do all of these! This is a workout with classic CrossFit movements.  It seems pretty simple and only 10 minutes, but CrossFit is never ever easy!  This is a cardio challenge- how fast and how hard can you work? 

     Then I starting thinking...again with the 75 lbs!  Deadlifts at that weight is no problem, but getting it overhead is gonna force me to work! Not just physically but mentally, because 75 lbs overhead intimidates me.  Also, box jumps still freak me out a little. It took me 8 months to be able to get on the box and I always fear failing. But I set a goal for myself- at least a 100 points (so a little over 3 rounds).

     To my surprise, I got 160 points (5 complete rounds + push presses+ 5 deadlifts).  Honestly, the 75 lbs overhead was not a problem.  My endurance was my biggest limiting factor. I had to take a lot of rest time, because I wasn't going to pick up that bar until I knew I could get it above me 5 consecutive times.



     The best part of 13.2 was the coaching, cheering and support I received from CrossFit Centurion.  It is not about the best athlete is all about the athlete giving their best and they made me feel like a champion! It is hard to explain, but it is both a very personal and communal experience. Like we all are in this together! Two down and three more to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment