Monday, March 11, 2013

CrossFit Games Open 13.1

     A cuplet of burpees and snatches- two of the most dislike CrossFit movements.  What a way to start off the season?!?!  I actually like burpees and about 2 weeks ago I finally figured out how to snatch decently, so I was excited to do this:

17 minute AMRAP (As Many Reps As Possible)
 
40 Burpees
30 Snatches @45 lbs
30 Burpees
30 Snatches @ 75 lbs
20 Burpees
30 Snatches @100 lbs
10 Burpees
Snatches as many as possible at 120 lbs
Here is a the workout demo video: http://games.crossfit.com/video/open-workout-131-demo

     My plan was to pace myself through the first 100 movements/points ( 40 burpees, 30 snatches @45 lbs, 30 burpees). That would earn me the privilege of attempting the 75 lbs snatches.  I have done 75 lbs before, but in very low volumes and using a full squat. Getting through as many of these as possible before time ran out was my personal challenge. 

     So how did I do? I made it through the first 100 movements as planned.  The burpees-to-bar required you touch a bar at the top and that extra 6 inches was surprisingly exhausting.  At the end of the second round of burpees, I had 4 whole minutes for 75 lbs snatches. I managed to get 4 snatches at 75lbs and let me tell you I worked for those snatches!  The fatigue really took over and those snatches were not pretty, but I got them overhead and locked out.  So my final score was 104.

     I am taking away two very important things from 13.1.  1) I need to step it up at CrossFit. I can't remember the last time I felt that fatigued during a work out. I have been taking it "easy."  I need to push myself harder and keep making progress.  2)  Participating with your box in The Open is truly inspiring. To watch everyone giving it their absolute all, whether they are novices or fire breathers is just amazing.
When it was all said and done, I can honestly say I had fun and I can't wait til next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment