Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Reading Reviews- March 2014



The Sandcastle Girls by Chris Bohjalian
 
     This author has an amazing gift at historical fiction.  He tells a story and teaches you something. This story has both a past and present narrative and an interview with the author reveals he did this to breakup the sadness of the story. There is a twist in the story that reminded me of a soap opera, but overall it was well done.
Verdict: This is a very sad sad story, but it is a good one. This is the second book I have read from this author and am interested in reading more of his books.
 
The Telling Room by Michael Paterniti
 
     I may have been too busy to give this book a fair chance, but after reading the first pages I gave up.  It just didn't catch my interest.
 
Eat, Move, Sleep by Tom Rath
 
     This is a collection of advice the author has come across when researching the "best" health practices. There are 30 short chapters that give you suggestions you can implement immediately.  The advice is quite similar to what I have found to work for my health.
Verdict: Recommend. This is a easy and useful read that could change your life.
 
Sorry, not a lot of reading this month because I was working on project management courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment