Tuesday, March 11, 2014

2014 CrossFit Games Open First Impressions


     The CrossFit Games Open is a series of 5 workouts over 5 weeks that people from all over the world do.  This year there are over 200,000 participants!   You do the workout, post your scores online and see how you rank.  This is my second year doing the CrossFit Game Open.  Last year, I found The Open to be an challenge and encouraging. 

     This year, I am two workouts in and just not feeling the same.  Perhaps because the last workout had chest-to-bar pull-ups, which I can not do. I did my best. I put on my oly shoes, snatched up the 65 lbs bar and did 10 beautiful overhead squats.  My 14.2 workout lasted a minute and then I was done. It was discouraging.  Fortunately, I was able to cheer others on and live vicariously through their chest-to-bar pull-up victories!

     I do not mind a challenge or hard work, as long as it feels like progress. So far, it feels like a grind. Regardless, I am determined to do my best with the remaining 3 workouts.  As long as they contain movements I can actually do, I will be happy. I hope by the end of the 5 weeks I feel like a better person. Fingers crossed.  If not,  I will work on my cheer leading skill :)

No comments:

Post a Comment