Thursday, November 21, 2013

Is It Worth It? Skin Care Edition

 
   In today's post, I am going to talk about some skin care products I have been using on my face.  With the cold weather approaching my skin has been in a full revolt.  My main problems are dark spots (as my summer color fades) and dryness, so I decided to try some new products this past month. Here is what worked and what didn't.


Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

     This is a heavy duty exfoliate facial cleanser.  My skin is flaking off and this stuff definitely seems to help.  I notice a clearer and smoother complexion after using it.  I was told to only use this once a week, but I have been using it every other day. It is expensive ($36), but you only need a little bit, so it will last me through the winter months.  With my dry skin, I foresee using this product forever.

Clinque Even Better Clincial Dark Spot Corrector

     This is a serum you apply before moisturizer and it is suppose to lighten dark spots. I have a lot of freckles, but I also have dark pigmentation spots that "age" me.  Initially, I did notice some lightening of the dark spots, but that seems to have stopped. I guess it works until a point, so I won't be getting another one until next year.  It is a good start to repairing the summer sun damage.

Alba Facial Toner

     I have not used a toner before. I could never figure out what they actually do? "Prepare your face for moisturizing"- what does that mean? Still, I got one and gave it a try.  I am still not sure what it is doing? It does get off the last bits of makeup, which is nice.  I will continue to use it, but once I am out I am not sure I will repurchase.  I don't think this is a necessity.

Alba ccCream

     This is marketed to be a 6-in-1 color correcting marvel. It is suppose to be a foundation, sunscreen, moisturizer  and three more things that I don't really care about.  It gives a very nice light foundation coverage.  I hope it has a decent amount of sunscreen.  As for being a moisturizer, it is not enough for my skin. I do need to apply a moisturizer first, but overall I really like this product.  

Lush Lip Sugar Scrub

     My lips are following my skin and shedding- not attractive!  I have actually used this lip scrub before and love, love, love it!  It comes in several different "flavors."  My favorite is the mint which I use with their chocolate lip balm. Chocolate minty goodness and soft lips. A girl can ask for nothing more.

Cotton Rounds

     This is more of a skin care accessory- cosmetic grade cotton rounds. I use them with eye make up remover and toner. They are thicker and softer than the square ones I was using. Those square ones were like rubbing tree bark again my face.  I do like them better, but they tend to leave little cotton residue on my face.  When I run out, I will look to see if there is something even fancier.

     Before this, I had really let my skin care slack. Seriously, I was washing my face with bar soap, using coconut oil for moisturizer and going out in the sun without sun screen. For the past month, I have really been making time to take care of my skin and it is finally paying off. Of course, it got worse before it got better.  TLC for skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment