Thursday, July 18, 2013

Zucchini Pasta Noodles

       I've been trying to get more veggies into my diet and I heard you could make "pasta noodles" out of zucchini. I was quiet skeptical, but when I talked to people and checked the Internet, many swore it was delicious and easy.

     Turns out it is delicious and easy!   Using an ordinary vegetable peeler, I peeled off the zucchini skin and then continued to used the peeler to make "pasta" ribbons. I peeled to point where the seeds were visible.  I then cooked the "noodles" in boiling water for 3 minutes.

     I added some marinara sauce and topped with Parmesan cheese.  The only think I would suggest is salting the zucchini noodles a little. Otherwise it was perfect. I cut up the rest of the zucchini to be eaten later.  Here is a recipe for homemade Marinara Sauce.  I will be making this a lot while zucchini is in season.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment