Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pork & Green Bean Stirfry


     Stir-frys are my go-to summer meal.  They allow me to take advantage of all the fresh summer produce and make a quick and tasty dinner!  This is one of my favorites using fresh green beans and red peppers.

Preparation:

  • Cut up pork and soak in a marinade of 2 Tsp terriyaki sauce, 1 Tsp rice vinegar and 1 Tsp sugar.
  • While pork is marinading, cut up onions, red peppers and green beans.
  • Pre-Cook the grean bean by boing for about 5 minutes.
  • Saute onions and add pork and cook thouroughly.  Then stir in green beans and red peppers. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.
  • Sprinkle on red pepper flakes and garnish with chopped cashews.
     I used coconut oil and it gave it a Thai flavor. So next time I might add in some thai curry instead of the terriyaki marinade.  If you have leftovers, this reheats well for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment