Thursday, June 6, 2013

Amazing Brownies

     My co-worker kept raving about these "raw" brownies she makes with only 5 ingredients. I didn't believe her, until she brought me some. Wow!  Chocolately like a brownie, but not too sweet. No baking required and gluten-free.  They are simply amazing.

Ingredients

2 cups of walnuts
2.5 cups of Medjool dates, pitted
1 cup raw cocoa
1 cup raw almonds, chopped
.25 tsp sea salt

Preparation:

Grind walnuts in food processor.
Add cocoa and salt. Pulse to combine.
Add dates in slowly, while food processor is running.  The mix should stick together easily. If not, add more dates.
Combine mix with almonds and press into a pan.
Place in fridge until ready to serve.

Note: I do not currently owe a food processor, but my $19.99 Ninja held up as long as I mixed the walnuts and cocoa in short small batches.

Link to recipe:
http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/healthy-recipes/6-easy-raw-food-recipes-try?page=5

No comments:

Post a Comment