Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Enjoying Your Own Herb Garden


     "Growing your own food is like printing your own money."  I like that quote from a recent TED talk given by Ron Finley.  Since I live in an apartment, an herb garden is the best I can do.

     Basil, mint, cilantro, rosemary, oregano, chives and parsley!  The Italian mix (rosemary, oregano, chives and parsley) made a lovely fragrance combination reminiscent of pizza. My dog must have thought so too because she started munching on the chives.

     I've been using the basil and oregano to add a little more zest to salads.  I've also decided to mix up some chive-garlic herb butter for my artichokes.  And of course, fresh mint mean mojitos!



Link to TED talk by Ron Finley
http://www.ted.com/talks/ron_finley_a_guerilla_gardener_in_south_central_la.html

No comments:

Post a Comment