Thursday, May 2, 2013

Chili


Chili is another perfect meal for preparing in batches and defrosting as needed. I used to buy the prepacked seasoning, but I found it was quicker and cheaper to mix up my own.

Chili Seasoning

1/8 cup Chili Powder
.5 tsp Garlic Powder
.5 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
.5 tsp basil
.5 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
.5 tsp Cayenne Pepper

* This is for 2lbs of ground beef


Chili Prep:

Chop onions and red pepper
Cook ground beef and drain and add seasoning
Add red pepper, onion, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can tomato sauce
You can also add some kidney beans if you like
Cook for 15 minutes, stir and cook for 10 minutes more

This is another one of my lunchtime staples.  It makes for a filling and satisfying meal. I used grass-fed ground beef, so I feel like I am getting in some quality protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment