Tuesday, May 15, 2012

30 Day Challenge Check-IN

Challenge #1: No Crap Food

Days 1-3 went smoothly. Tinges of cravings appeared, but they disappeared as quickly as they came.  Day 4 presented the first challenge, when I forgot my pre-approved snack. Thankfully I had some macadamia nuts that I keep for such emergencies. Day 5, I just felt over all more tempted to cheat, but I didn't. Some leftover cookies winked at me and I just kept walking. Day 6, I challenged myself by going out to dinner with a friend and letting her choose the restaurant. I did have a bite of her dessert (mint chocolate chip ice cream), but I stopped at one bite. This is a definite improvement, usually if I give myself an inch, I take a mile.   Day 7 went smoothly, so the first week went much easier than I expected.

The second week was full of temptations.  There were leftovers at work, a pinata full of candy, a plate of brownies and cake! I stuck to my plan over and over again. It was hard to resist in the moment, but then the moment passes.  I had an intense craving for pizza and decided to try a paleoish version of pizza.  I say paleoish because I did put cheese on it. I figured since I resisted tubs of candy and plates of brownies, I should enjoy some cheese.



Recipe for Paleo Pizza Crust:  http://everydaypaleo.com/2010/08/04/everyday-paleo-pizza/


Challenge #2: Journal Writing

I thought writing 2 whole pages a day would be hard. The first few day, I made notes on my iPhone through out the day to make sure I had stuff to write about. By day 3 it was actually hard to keep to 2 pages. Once you let it flow, it flows.  I have found I break my writing sessions into a couple of times a day just and that just help me sort my stuff out better. I am much more aware of how my day is shaping up.  So far most of my journal writing has been diary, reflective or goal progress style. In order to get the other styles in, I may have to do more than 2 pages. Journaling rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment