Thursday, February 13, 2014

Feeding the Inner Nerd

   
      Lately, my inner nerd has been longing to learn something new.  I tried to get into a Project Management class and that did not work out. So my next choice was anatomy. My inner nerd is random like that!  Turns out I will be studying both.

     First up, I got a Baron's EZ Anatomy and Physiology book.  I've tried studying anatomy before- even got the coloring book, but I could never stay focused.  This book is basic and has quizzes at the end of each chapter, so I should be able to do it. My goal is to get through all 23 chapters in February and then move onto Kinesiology. Kinesiology for Dummies is not yet published yet- I am not even kidding- I hope it comes out in March though.

     After missing the registration for an online community college class in Project Management, I found an online class through Career Academy.  I actually found it through Groupon for $99. The series of 14 classes are online videos and exams.  I have a year to complete and will get a certificate. So take that community college! Seriously, though I am excited. I have been wanting to get a Project Management certificate for several years and this seems like a a perfect storm of opportunity. Fingers crossed.

     Learning is my version of having a hobby. This is probably why I like to read so much. Also, my MBA is 5 years "old" now and I just feel like it is time for some new goals. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment