Thursday, February 6, 2014

Advice From a Sickie

     The flu is hitting California hard this year. Since December, it seemed people around me have been getting sick and then getting sick again and then sometimes again. Now it is my turn and still  sickness snuck up and surprised me? I am very good at denying that I am sick. I was excessively tired and had body aches (everything from my teeth to the arches of my feet hurt). Then I had to take Claritin for my "allergies."  It wasn't until my chest hurt from breathing, that I realized I was sick.

     Of course once you acknowledge it, the symptoms snowball!  So I have spent the past 7 days resting and trying not to get "more" sick.  This is a weird combination of symptoms: body aches, very cold, chest congestion, tired. Basically, my body is dragging, but my mind is sharp and getting bored from all this resting. Usually I can sleep sickness off, but not this time. This time is serious.

     I don't know how I manage to ignore that I am getting sick every time? I am writing this blog post in hopes I learn to pay better attention.  If I could go back to last week when I started not feeling good, I would take Vitamin D, get rest and drink some grass-fed bone broth. Instead, I pushed forward with my schedule, chastising myself the whole time for being weak.

     Health is the greatest thing and should be safeguarded.  So if you are feeling a little run down, give yourself some TLC. Experts say the flu season will go through February and March, so please take care of yourselves and each other. If you are sick, stay at home. We have to stop passing this flu around!  Hope you are all in good health :)

P.S. I did get the flu shot this year and I am still sick. So don't think you can slack off on self-care if you go the shot too.

No comments:

Post a Comment