Thursday, January 3, 2013

Resolution: To Be a Kinder Cat

Have you seen this YouTube clip:  Cat-Friend vs Dog-Friend:

The first time I saw it I thought, why would anyone want to own a cat? It was amusing enough, so I watched it a couple more times and started seeing people as either cat-types or dog types. Then I realized…I am a cat.   
Obviously, dogs are so much easier and pleasant to be around! Even I own a dog and not a cat!  Why would anyone want to be my friend?  I want/need to be less of a cat to the people I care about.
I thought about trying to be more like a dog: friendly, eager-to-please and loving.  As I cat, I can see how those qualities are desirable.  But being a cat, I can’t be a dog.   At best I can be a kinder cat: less aloof, more welcoming and making an effort to do nice things for others. 
So I am making a conscious effort this year BE KIND to others.
Meow….

No comments:

Post a Comment