Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Welcome to Rice Kracker Girl!

Hi! I’m Rani. I grew up in Hawaii and have lived in California for over a decade.  I am a state employee, a crossfitter, a MBA graduate, a wanna-be kitchen wizard, a hiker and snowshoer, a pet parent, a sister, a daughter and a friend.  I am also a thirty-something cliché for starting a blog and am totally okay with that.
This is actually my third blog.  My first blog centered on career and my second about food, but over time I found writing about just one segment of life becomes a chore.  My sister suggested I call this blog “Rani’s Rants” but I hope to make this more of a place for thoughtful perspectives, recipes, book reviews, etc.  My goal with Rice Kracker Girl is to have an open narrative about whatever is going on in my life.  Maybe someone out there might find something I write about useful, helpful, or inspiring even.   But if not at least I can say I tried- right?
I am just following the advice of one of my favorite quotes from Lao Tsu:
“Open yourself to heaven and earth then trust your natural responses.
Everything will fall into place."

No comments:

Post a Comment