Thursday, August 15, 2013

Bruschetta

     I was listening to a podcast (about food- of course) and they started talking about bruschetta. I was reminded that I love bruschetta and it is tomato season and I have fresh herbs growing on my patio.  
Oddly, this is the first time I've actually made bruschetta myself and it is so easy!

Ingredients:

A mix of red and yellow grape tomatoes
Basil leaves
Oregano leaves
Balsamic vinegar
Olive oil
Salt & pepper
Baguette

Preparation:

  • Cut grape tomatoes in half and add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basil and oregano. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and put in refrigerate for an hour.
  • Cut the baguette into diagonal slices (to allow for the most surface area).
  • Coat baguette slices with garlic oil and toast in oven at 50 degrees for 10 minutes.

When ready to serve, place bruschetta on toasted bread and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment